The expectations of homeowners have been changing for years. The best example of this is often a simple comparison of a new home that is for sale versus a resale listing that is 5 to 10 years old. There are many features that have gone from a luxury to an essential part of every condo or townhouse while other features that were essential are now things that most homeowners don’t seem to want any more.
While we are continuing to evolve the features that are part of the new projects we are bringing to market, another big shift that has taken place recently is how we showcase our projects to prospective buyers.
In today’s world that requires respecting social distancing and safe interactions, we are having to adapt our approach to selling homes. Realtors have been taking extra precautions for interacting with clients and hosting open houses, very similar to how retail stores have been required to adapt. Our presentation centre will be no different. By following the guidelines provided by the provincial health authority and the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board, our plan is to operate safely while continuing to provide the best possible customer experience.
We will still be building a presentation centre and have a display home for everyone who chooses to visit. However, we will also be focusing more on technology that allows potential buyers and their realtors to experience the presentation centre from the comfort of their homes.
Here are some of the ways we will be doing this:
- Using virtual tours of the presentation centre that will be available 24 hours per day.
- Providing additional photos of features that will be offered and making our sales materials easier to understand.
- Having a live walkthrough along with a Q&A with one of our sales representatives.
- Providing renderings that are interactive. This will allow prospective customers to see more detail.
- Creating a live Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section that is available for prospects to view so they can also see what others are asking about.
- Building customized digital sales packages based on your needs and budget.
- Completing transactions digitally through a secure buying process.
We believe that each of these things alone can be a positive way to improve the buying process, but together they can change the way our industry sells real estate. By being more transparent and willing to connect with you anywhere, it will provide simplicity and peace of mind. Buyers will no longer have to worry about making sure they remember every small detail from their walkthrough knowing that they can take another look virtually whenever they want to.
Our goal is to provide the best possible introduction to your new home before construction starts and make it possible for you to check out your home again and again, even after the presentation centre is closed.
Stay tuned as we countdown to the launch of our first project in Clayton Heights! You’ll start to see some of these things being put in place.
As always, we want to hear from you. How could the presentation centre and buying process improve?